The selected candidate will be required to assist in the configuration, installation and daily administration of new and existing IT systems. The candidate will also have a role in supporting end-users.
Roles and responsibilities for this position will include:
- Providing Level 1 support for corporate users on MS Office applications and core user telecommunication tools
- Provide general desktop support, configuration of Windows applications, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software systems
- Liaising with Level 2 support team and IT consultants on core systems and operational infrastructure issues
- Documenting internal systems and knowledge base articles
- Monitoring servers and websites
The ideal person should have:
- An IT degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum of one year experience in IT support;
- Basic understanding of network systems;
- Knowledge of virtualization and virtual infrastructure principles (VMware and Hyper-V);
- Knowledge of IP addressing and TCP / IP networking;
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows OS and Office Applications;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- High attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency;
- A pleasant personality and the ability to work under pressure are a must for this very dynamic position.
Candidates with basic knowledge covering up to ITILv3 Foundations and / or Microsoft MCP levels will be given preference.
Applications, including a detailed CV, should be sent to our HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number. All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strictest confidence.